Lyn-Lake Street Art Walking Tour
- $12.00 - Senior or Student
- $14.00 - Standard
Street art and graffiti has become more common and visible throughout the Twin Cities in the past two years. Public art projects such as the LynLake Street Art Series and the George Floyd Global Memorial have brought more visibility to street art in Minneapolis. This walking tour explores the LynLake area of Uptown and the impressive, blooming street art scene in this area. Participants can expect to see spray painted murals and portraits, learn about graffiti and street art history, and walk through the decorated alleys of Uptown Minneapolis.
If you enjoyed this tour last year, know that half the art has changed - so join us again this year to see and learn about the newest street art!
This tour begins under the awning of the Lynlake Brewery at 11am sharp, and lasts approximately 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Please wear comfortable shoes, bring sunscreen/protective clothing, and dress for the weather. Expect to walk up to 3 miles, and bring your own water to stay hydrated.
Led by local art historian Molly McIntosh – Minneapolis resident and director of the non-profit organization, the Edina Historical Society. Molly holds a BA in History and an MA in Art History and Museum Studies and is a passionate historian of Minnesota history and an active participant in the local arts community. She has received fellowships and research grants for her international study of street art and graffiti.
Photo by Acoma Gaither; mural painting by Peyton Scott Russell as seen on the Highpoint Center for Printmaking.
Hennepin History Museum Members: Log in to your member account for access to $10 member tickets. Email email@example.com with questions. Not yet a member? Join today!
Hennepin History Museum Walking Tour Policies:
- Weather: Outdoor walking tours will proceed rain or shine unless there is lightning in the area.
- Pets: Nonservice animals prohibited.
- Tobacco use: Tobacco products or vaping prohibited.
- Refunds: Cancellations made more than 24 hours prior to the walking tour are eligible for a refund (minus processing charges) or may be exchanged for another tour. Cancellations received within 24 hours of departure, no shows, or late arrivals are not eligible for refunds or exchanges.